Tuesday, May 12, 2009

i hate this part right here.

So, I have a small dilemma at the moment. You see, I am currently saving up to buy a car. However, to save money, I need a job (well at least one where I work more than 15 hours a week). Yet, to get a decent job, I have to have a car. But, wait, to get a car, I need another job? 

It's like the perfect catch 22. I can't have one without the other. FML.

I'm not lazy, I promise. I love working. I'm the restless type; always have to be doing something. It's the finding a job part. It's not exactly easy. Especially when you only have a 4 block radius to work with. I'm not that picky either. It's just that, well, I really can't bring myself to work at a fast food joint. I'm not that desperate. However, I really do want that car. 

With a mission to accomplish, I set out today to scour those 4 blocks in hopes of landing a job. Hurriedly passing by the Taco Bell and the Burger King and even a McDonald's, I applied at a local, very small restaurant. Then I made my rounds through campus applying at a bookstore and the library. I skipped the PJ's coffeehouse, but I'll go there if it comes down to it. I already applied at the other local, very small restaurant and the last place I tried weren't even taking applications. So, one hour later and 4 job possibilities in hand, only one looks promising. I'm crossing my fingers I get a call back. I want this job. I need this job. (which for some reason reminds me of T.I.'s need your body)

If not, well, I hear they give about 30 bucks a pop for plasma donations. And if all else fails, in Kristin's words, "There's always Cameron."

3 comments:

  1. don't forget about egg donation.
    im still waiting for call back from a week ago.
    no such luck yet.
    its making my heart hurt.
    i have no goal for why i want/need a second job other than i want more money.
    i'll pray for you if you pray for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a deal.
    [metaphorically shaking your hand atm]

    ReplyDelete